OT Just had a bollocking

En el artículo , Onetap escribió:

Mine's the opposite. I have trouble hearing men, but hear women well. Unfortunately.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Hope not. My pig thick ignorant racist waste of a space Mother has three gobs and no ears.

Reply to
ARW

Sort of. I usually have someone buy the card and present for me. And if they can write the card and drop it off for me then even better.

Reply to
ARW

miss what women say, since their voices have a higher pitch.

I have a severe dip at around 4 kHz - OK a bit below and reasonably OK above. I can hear most things but women's voices do seem to lose sharpness - so end up not being quite sure what was said too, too often.

Reply to
polygonum

I cannot hear the mobile phone tones used on TV and am quite mystified when the action pauses for someone to find their phone.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

On Thursday 14 March 2013 18:30 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I'm starting to see the causal factor of this epic bollocking....

Reply to
Tim Watts

Did she make you walk home from Grimsby?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Who is this OT who got a bollocking, anyway?

Reply to
Tim Streater

any thoughts on what caused it? I've a 60dB dip at 4.5kHz in both ears

Reply to
charles

The geographically challenged cow has no idea where Grimsby is.

FFS this is the same woman that tried to go shopping at Doncasters Lakeside Shopping Outlet and only realised she had missed the M1 /M18 turning when she passed Nottingham.

Reply to
ARW

Yep, me too. Glad to find somebody else with the same problem.

Reply to
Davey

You have my sympathy.

Reply to
Davey

Give her this bookmark:

Bob Eager

My audiologist told me that a notch was due to occupational noise exposure. Did you drive around in noisy lardrovers? I suspect it is the cause of my hearing loss.

Reply to
<me9

LOL, this is actually so true :) The times that I'm trying to listen to the news and she's burbling on about something or other. The occasional nod does the trick. FFS, what am I doing being married? :D Silly thing is, I've done it twice. Some of us never learn.

Reply to
brass monkey

Say again, over.

Reply to
brass monkey

In my case, too many loud discotheques in my youth, which was long before noise limiters were required. My ears would ring for days afterwards.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

No, I didn't do that. I wondered whether it might have been due to .303 rifle target shooting. We ddin't have ear defenders in those days.

Reply to
charles

Business opportunity here. For a small fee, you get text alerts about mothers day, fathers day, anniversaries, birthdays etc.

This time next year Rodders....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I too was told it was damage from noise - but can't think of any particularly likely source. Hardly ever been in an LR - but the general noise inside cars can have quite an impact - though surely not at such a precise frequency?

Reply to
polygonum