My mate is in for a right DIY bollocking

His wife had their first child today and he had taken a week off work. It seems to be the norm now that a man gets a week off work when his partner has a baby.

Anyway, he has borrowed my cement mixer and ordered a load of ballast and cement from the merchants as he intends to use the week off work to put up a new shed. Like he says, she's breast feeding so he cannot really help with the baby so he might as well do something usefull instead.

I can see an argument tommorrow when the delivery lorry arrives.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A lorry to deliver a baby seems overkill.

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

In message , ARWadsworth writes

I like his style, I would do the same. Fortunately for me we are past the age for having babies.

Best of luck to him, please let us know the outcome.

Reply to
Bill

The stork was on paternity leave ...

Reply to
geoff

If he'd had a shed nine months ago then they might not be in this mess now.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Why can she give a hand now she has had the baby? The baby will be sleeping and she needs the excerise to get over the birth.

Reply to
zaax

If it isn't, follow the example of pre-war farm workers who needed to be working at harvest time - put rum soaked sugar in a twist of cloth and give it to the kid to suck. Placing it under a hedge is optional.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Ah, Baby Laudanum! I always wondered if there might be a market for that.

Reply to
Tim Streater

;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

She has cheered up a bit as he has laid a base for a summer house as well. The actual summer house construction is on the things to do list and he is actually wanting two sheds.

I declined the offer to watch a video of the birth and he never offered to to show me the video of the conception.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

This is a Mr Jackson is it?

Reply to
Tim Streater

In article , Tim Streater scribeth thus

Is that episode online anywhere;?.. Me and a mate of mine of that name still have the two sheds joke as he still has two absolutely ancient sheds;!..

Reply to
tony sayer