OT; Full English

Yes, and of course the liver can synthesise many things from many things.

Which reminds me. If that f*cking doctor uses the phrases "good cholesterol" and "bad cholesterol" rather than HDL and LDL again, he's in for a fat lip.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nah! The egg has to go on the fried bread.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Daddies sauce is much betterer.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

He only ever reads what the pharmacutical companies have to say on the subject, so he doesn't understand himself.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I think they do quite well on our george foreman grill thing - you can do virtually all a breakfast on that - although I've not been brave enough to try doing an egg on one yet...

Reply to
Mogga

The Medway Handyman wrote in

These folks may have something to contribute:

Usenet alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove

Web site

PeterMcC

Nah, Scrap that...

Nothing gets the metabolism going faster than a good curry... and the ideal time of day to be tucking away carbs.

Reply to
Adrian C

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Well, Drivel does style himself 'Dr'.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It's still called a "deep fat frier" even if it's full of vegetable oil.

Reply to
Huge

But he does have a medical degree. Unlike you.

Reply to
Huge

Naah! The fried bread has to be lightly salted, then picked up in one hand and the egg yolk pushed onto it with the knife, and then eaten at one go.

Reply to
Huge

Reheated left-over curry is wonderful for Sunday breakfast.

Reply to
Huge

Baked beans are perfectly proper as far as I'm concerned. Preferably ones that have been simmering away so long that they've turned into a kind of orange porridge. Hash browns I agree are an American perversion, but will sheepishly admit to having been won over. Wouldn't cook 'em myself, but always add them on the rare occasions that I indulge in a canteen fry-up at work.

No. In a small caff I always tell them I don't want it - no point wasting it. In more industrial places, a non-standard breakfast is more hassle for them so I don't bother. Tinned tomatoes I try to avoid at all costs - horrible things on a breakfast.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

And Dr Shipman?

Reply to
Rod

For some of us, breakfast time is the worst time of day to be eating large amounts of carbohydrates.

Reply to
Andy Hall

We don't do deep fat fryers in our caff. Makes a huge difference to the insurance. Most of our food is salad based, with jacket spuds, quiches, chilli and rice, club sarnies, that sort of thing. Only place we have heat and oil is a single frying pan for the fried eggs, which take but a minute or two ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Fancy finding somewhere that will still sell you bacon with the rind on, and then cutting it OFF !! Sacriledge ! That used to be the best part of bacon when I was a kid.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Awww ... Grilled frankfurters ... Does anyone remember getting those with a mixed grille in Wimpy bars 40 years ago ? They used to make little 'nicks' all down one side before they chucked them on the hotplate, and they used to curl right round in a circle ! Happy memories of gentler times ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On a tormica fable ...

What a thought to conjur with.

8-|

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

It was called a 'bender' or similar IIRC

Reply to
The Medway Handyman