OT; Full English

Naw, eggy bread.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No, THIS is French Toast Sliced white, buttered on one side and grilled on the buttery side .

Reply to
OG

It's easier to run a GF off an inverter...?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We call that French toast...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Or even just buy the plain beans in a tin, without any sauce.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No, it isn't. French toast comes from 'pain perdu' (lost bread, because it's all covered up with eggy stuff...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Reply to
Andy Hall

Just goes to show that stuff like this often comes down to what a particular family calls it..

The egg and bread recipe is what we call 'Golden Dreams'.

Reply to
OG

It would seem (having done a Web search) that it's known by both names, although French Toast is more commonly made with additional spices...

Reply to
Anne Jackson

In message , Arfa Daily writes

Nope! Need to be green for the very best flavour.

Reply to
Bob Hardwell

But the abominations that we call Hash Browns are not "real" Hash Browns! The real HB is a joy to eat.

If it's green, yes.

Tinned tomatoes are the food of angels but you must drain them through a fine strainer before heating to remove the water.

Reply to
Bob Hardwell

So chips are orff dear?

Is it called the "El Morocco" by any chance?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nah. Thats a 'boy scouts breakfast'.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Don't enter that into Google if the kids are about...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Rubbish.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Well, you HAVE to have eggs with breakfast...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

No - ketchup's for the wheelie bin. Awful stuff.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Just because it ain't a greasy spoon, that doesn't make it "ponsy". We get everybody from builders through bikers, to MPs in there, and all at the same time, and they all talk to each other ... If you were a good businessman, you would understand that the best way to ensure that a business prospers, is to have as wide a demographic for customers, as is humanly possible, and the best way to do that is to look after what they want from you. So our menu is produced accordingly ... d:-)

Oh yeah, and the tablecloths inside do match, but if you ever come, you're welcome to sit on one of the benches outside, where I'm sure you'll feel proper comfortable like !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Personally I don't, but French Toast does require egg (or it's something else).

Reply to
Andy Hall

I like the sauce! I like the convenience of sauce and beans all ready prepared. Just make them with less sugar and I will be happy. And preferably towards the taste of Crosse & Blackwell (or whatever they are called these days).

I cannot find a list of ingredients - these might be the exception - I shall check next time it is convenient. But the majority of reduced/no added sugar products I have checked contain sweeteners. Which a) taste disgusting b) have questionable health implications c) return the product to being as sweet or even sweeter than the original.

Reply to
Rod