Who sells chalk?

Where do you buy bog-standad sticks of chalk these days?

Before I trawl round and get bemused looks from a generation of youths brought up on whiteboards, do toy shops still sell it? Wilko? Staples? Screwfix don't.

I want to mark up some chases and socket outlets on a breeze-block wall - is there something other than chalk to use?

Reply to
mike

mark

Could try a timber crayon...a big yellow crayon.

mark

Reply to
mark

I got my last pack from a toyshop but I think I've seen it in large Asda/Wallmart stores in the kids section. Certainly getting rarer though.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Toy department of Wollies or other department stores, toy shops. Early Learning Centre has 3 versions on their web site. You may have to put up with colours rather than plain white.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

================================== If you can't find chalk try a 6" nail used as a scriber; not very visible but better than nothing. Felt-tip pens also work but don't last very long.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Tesco do (at least the big superstore near me does) and my local post office does. Dressmakers' suppliers do as well, as it's used for marking out on cloth (tailoring).

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Arfa Daily formulated on Sunday :

They (and engineers) use french chalk. This is much harder than blackboard chalk.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Blackboard chalk could have effete French chalk any day.

BTW Harry, french chalk (talc) is much softer than blackboard chalk. HTH.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And much more expensive w/w.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ditto "blackboard paint".

Reply to
Bruce

Got my latest "box" of chalk from the local post office (I was using it to "load" a string on a plumb bob so it would give me a vertical chalk line). This seems overkill (price wise) but

soup

Art,toy shops

Reply to
George

on some soft stuff. As you say, no good on a blackboard, but then it's not for writing on a blackboard that he wants it ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

A chalk line

dennis

just cut a strip of plasterboard, use that. A fat felt tip pen would also work fine.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In message , mike writes

My Post Office :-)

Boxes of white, or mixed colours.

Reply to
Graeme

That is a very different type of chalk.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Look for pavement chalk. Comes in sticks about an inch in diam. Available in every kids toy shops.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Carpentry pencil or a chalk line (and chalk powder) which s/fix do sell.

Reply to
Ed Sirett