OT; Full English

Whoosh... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Terfenadine which I used to get for my rhinitis was very effective. I can no longer get it because it caused death in a few cases associated with grapefruit. No problem to me as I never touch grapefruit.

Reply to
<me9

The message from Harry Bloomfield contains these words:

That's not 'gypsy toast' that's 'Doggie in the Window'!

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Anne Jackson expressed precisely :

That's what we call it here, what do you call gypsy toast?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I have had two of those, each time the single large mushroom was un-cooked. Is that usual there?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Na the tomato gets squashed into the toast and the bacon put over it followed by the egg...

Reply to
John Rumm

A good sausage needs tomato ketchup, not HP!

Reply to
John Rumm

A "bender" was the name IIRC... "Bender in a bun" being one option!

Reply to
John Rumm

You're welcome to eat boot laces, but I'll pass, thanks.

Reply to
Huge

... over the counter.

It's still available on prescription.

Reply to
Huge

*A* frying pan? I usually use three for a Full English for 2 people.
Reply to
Huge

Sigh. So, do you take your medical advice from someone with an appropriate qualification, or a handyman who builds decks?

Reply to
Huge

not IME

Reply to
OG

From the site linked above:

"10 subjects with normal blood pressure were given caffeine 3.3 mg/kg with either water or GJ in a crossover study design. 6 subjects also participated in receiving multiple GJ doses with caffeine. Twelve-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring was performed on all subjects. The AUC of caffeine with either of the GJ schedules was not significantly different from the caffeine AUC when given with water. No significant differences in systolic or diastolic blood pressure, heart rate or percentage of time with diastolic blood pressure greater than 90 mm Hg was observed. The authors concluded that GJ had no effect on caffeine pharmacokinetics or hemodynamic effects. Caffeine, like theophylline is mainly metabolized by the CYP 1A2 isoenzymes, while CYP 3A4 may be responsible for some minor amount of additional metabolism. There was considerable intersubject variability in this study.39 A previous study had reported a 28% increase in AUC when caffeine was given with GJ, though a slightly different methodology was used."

Reply to
John Rumm

Phillistine!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from Harry Bloomfield contains these words:

You beat up the egg, add a dash of milk, salt and pepper, then soak the bread in the mixture before frying it...

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Fried bread with vegetable oil? Doesn't sound quite right.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They're brilliant things. Temperature controlled so you don't have to be as careful as with a frying pan. Easy to clean too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This is French Toast.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

But you don't clean a real fry up frying pan just give it a wipe out.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice