English Lavendars

I recently pruned my English lavendar plants and they have all died. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Reply to
Alan

When cutting any of the Lavandula species, always cut above the lowest living foliage. A bare stem will die back to its parent branch.

Also, lavenders prefer a relatively dry soil. When the demand for moisture is reduced because foliage has been reduced, cut back on watering. Otherwise, the plant might rot.

Reply to
David E. Ross

How old were the plants?

How far back did you prune them?