OT: courier services - RANT

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:50:55 PM UTC, Andy Champ wrote: =20

That's damn annoying! A variant on that - some years ago I received a number of cards from Parcel= force, and went to the depot to collect. I reckoned I was due 9 parcels (fr= om various suppliers) so when I only had 8 handed to me I questioned it sev= eral times, but was assured that was definitely all they had - they were ge= tting quite annoyed in the end. Since I hadn't requested fast shipment for the other item I put it down to = slowness in despatching, until I received an e-mail from a rather pissed-of= f supplier asking why I hadn't bothered to collect my parcel, which had bee= n sent back to him a day or so after I visited the depot...

Reply to
docholliday93

In message , Brian Gaff writes

I placed an order with Rapid (Electronics) Online yesterday at 7pm. It had a VAT inclusive value of £43 so was just into their free delivery bracket.

It arrived at 8am this morning. WoW!!!!!

(The courier was UKMail.)

Reply to
usenet2012

Agreed about CityLink here as well. And close enough should I have to go to the depot. At least they have the overall national organisation to work well - even if some of their franchisees let them down in certain areas.

Some time ago I bewailed UKMail here - package worth many hundreds of pounds simply disappeared. Although retailer did get a replacement for us, neither they nor we have any idea what happened to the original. It is as if their national organisation sucks.

Fedex is usually crap. Yodel are highly variable. RM often OK but a pain if you have to go to collect - pick-up is in town and no parking at depot.

Reply to
polygonum

Hermes (ahem, winged messenger of the gods) turned-up today, two days after they were supposed to, in a small old car and asked in broken English if there was a courier package. The guy had no identification and was unable to give a receipt. When I told parcel2go they just said "Hermes don't give receipts any more". Words fail me. How do people expect to stay in business, let alone grow their business? With service like this they don't deserve to survive.

(An afterthought - is this what they call a Victor Meldrew moment?)

Reply to
Nospam

Parcelforce, and went to the depot to collect. I reckoned I was due 9 parcels (from various suppliers) so when I only had 8 handed to me I questioned it several times, but was assured that was definitely all they had - they were getting quite annoyed in the end.

slowness in despatching, until I received an e-mail from a rather pissed-off supplier asking why I hadn't bothered to collect my parcel, which had been sent back to him a day or so after I visited the depot...

I've had the same from Parcelfarce....this time the parcel went back to the USA.

Reply to
The Other Mike

mmmm DPD who today just "failed" to deliver to me, in their own nominated mid pm delivery slot as advised to me by them by email/txt earlier this a.m. ....

kwolity!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

In message , usenet2012 writes

You just happened to be at the front end of the delivery run

I had someone phone up today thanking us for a superb service. Thanks, but not us, thank the courier

Reply to
geoff

In message , Nospam writes

Prepare for it all to get a lot worse as they take on temps in the run up to xmas

And then, if GC's prediction is correct, be prepared for it to fall apart completely if it snows

Reply to
geoff