OT Car Insurance

It's that time of year again and both car insurances are up for renewal.=

Notices have come through, wander off to some cute furry animal website =

to get a feel for the "going rate" and find that for one car I can get cover for about =A3150 less and the other about =A3100 less, both from Admiral. Not checked the fine details of cover but the major things are =

all there/same and having two cars may get further discount...

So are Admiral a sensible company to deal with or would a barge pole be =

more use? At least it's a name I recognise as being in the insurance business for a while, unlike most of the companies in the list that Serg= i gave me.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Notices have come through, wander off to some cute furry animal website to get a feel for the "going rate" and find that for one car I can get cover for about £150 less and the other about £100 less, both from Admiral. Not checked the fine details of cover but the major things are all there/same and having two cars may get further discount...

So are Admiral a sensible company to deal with or would a barge pole be more use? At least it's a name I recognise as being in the insurance business for a while, unlike most of the companies in the list that Sergi gave me.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Not fussed about the odd tenner but 250 quid over the two cars is a very different matter.

I might have a little dig...

Also not that fussed about the free toy, kids are getting a bit old for cuddly toys these days. B-) About to call Admiral as they can't quote me online for two cars on the "multicar" policy as they want more details about the business use. Little bells ringing to signify price hiking because I'm not a wage slave on SDP + Commute.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I read it somewhere. Good luck in finding it - THEY don't want us to know.

The toy was for me. I likes that sort of thing :-)

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I was with Admiral until a week ago. I have had to claim twice (one at fault and one no-fault). Both times it was mostly hasle free. For the no-fault claim i let their tame claims managemnet company han=3Ddle everything, I had exactly zero calls from "ambulance chasers" so they seem to keep a grip on their company data, unlike some other brokers. Repairs were done locally by a firm whose staff were pleasant and courteous to deal with. The only slight issue was the other party's insurance company refusing to cover the (perfectly reasonable) replacement car contract hire costs. They caved in when it was threatened to go to court.

They were also surprisingly good value when I added 17 year old learners to the policy.

This time, however, the renewal for the multi-car policy was considerably bettered by two independent ones through the little furry ones website. We now have two separate policies one in my name and one in SWMBOs. What was surprising this time was the low cost of SWMBOs cover given she has zero no claims years in her own right.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

My employer requires me to have busines use to cover drives to the airport, etc., when on busines. I think it's more of an arse covering exercise. It added exactly zero cost to the policy.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Oh FFS, it's hardly hidden, just look at the banner at the top of their group homepage

people are too quick to spot a conspiracy.

Other insurers are part of a different group, Churchill and Direct Line for instance, IIRC.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Oh FFS, it's hardly hidden, just look at the banner at the top of their group homepage

people are too quick to spot a conspiracy.

Other insurers are part of a different group, Churchill and Direct Line for instance, IIRC.

MBQ

Mr Pounder

Range 'em and the first thing the machine said was they are EUI Ltd base= d in Cardiff. Something to start digging with...

I really don't get insurance pricing. I now have quotes, as combined totals for the two cars, of:

Aviva Renewal: =A3770.00 (=A3730 if I renew online but plus summat for CC)

Furry Site: =A3544.84 with Admiral (after updating cover/driver details was =A3509.86) (possibly two free toys!)

Admiral: =A3642.92 on the phone direct, multicar.

Crazy...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The Jobcentre is not an "employer" in your case.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Range 'em and the first thing the machine said was they are EUI Ltd based in Cardiff. Something to start digging with...

I really don't get insurance pricing. I now have quotes, as combined totals for the two cars, of:

Aviva Renewal: £770.00 (£730 if I renew online but plus summat for CC)

Furry Site: £544.84 with Admiral (after updating cover/driver details was £509.86) (possibly two free toys!)

Admiral: £642.92 on the phone direct, multicar.

Crazy...

I have always wanted a free meercat toy. Ahem ....................

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Was the furry site quote multicar? If so ring Admiral with the reference number and they will explain the difference, at least that was my experience.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

You're the one who would know about that. What's up? Can't you cope when people point out that you were wrong?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I'm laughing at the 'tard. You didn't "point out that I was wrong" you told a bunch of pork pies. Clearly you can't tell the difference.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Most of the names will be branding of the same few companies. And most of those companies will be brokers rather than insurers. Sometimes reading the small print it is possible to see the differences that might explain why one brand is priced differently from another brand from the same company etc. At other times it is baffling.

Admiral really are the bottom end of the market, so long as you never need to claim or contact them to make any changes it will be cheap.

Reply to
djc

LOL! I seem to have gained a web stalker, following me from thread to thrtead.

I would be interested in you providing proof that I lied.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Nope two seperate quotes, the sum of which is, more or less, =A3100 lowe= r than the supposedly cheaper multicar option quoted directly...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

This isn't "the web". You are posting to a public forum. I replied to a question that you asked. That does not qualify as "stalking"

Perhaps it's just the wonderland world you live in where words have different meanings?

The part where you claimed that you are bring "stalked"?

When you claimed that iOS devices need expensive leads to work?

When you claimed that there was no text on a web page even after being given the proof?

Where do you want to start?

Reply to
Steve Firth

You replied to a statement I made. You reply had f**K all to do with the subject of the thread.

I didn't make any such claim.

You made an assertion. The text wasn't there. You didn't provide any proof.

Wherever you like.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Women statistically have fewer accidents than men.

Reply to
harry