Nuisance youths

1) Wait until they appear again behind the door. 2) Upon them entering your property open door and confront them about trespass. 3) Take pics of the more persistent offenders and produce as evidence to the local "Wannabee" Police (PCOs) and local council to deal with as nuisance.

4) More drastic action...................Obtain a good shotgun with 30 shot cartridges (Or blanks) and launch a volley over their heads.............although it *might* attract the wrong sort of Police presence ;-)

messagenews:Ufp5m.53778$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.virginmedia.com...

They just set pyro on fire!

Better with the thorny version Pyrocantha

Reply to
Tommy

You could try the 'Mosquito' which is a sound at 17KHZ. It's a high pitch tone (high frequency tone) that adults can't hear, and kids hate.

Reply to
zaax

A cheap solution is a dummy video camera (with a flashing red light on it) above the door so it can be seen easily. A continuously recording video camera is great if you know the time an incident happened but otherwise it's a pain to search through hours of recording. Best would be a camera that records on your computer when it detects movement. A local shopkeeper borrowed a video camera which got a good picture of a tagger's face, which he then put in the window of his shop. Helpful locals told him the name and address of the tagger, and that was written on the picture. There's been no tagging since.

Reply to
Matty F

Tell em you have AIDS and will sneeze on them.,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well vote out Nu Laber then. A more accurate description of them I have not heard ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Battle Royale

Reply to
Clive George

It'll never work, he's not allowed to have a gate :-)

HTH

KK

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

In message , zaax writes

Oy, don't you be encouraging that sort of thing, it's not all adults that can't hear it.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

These restrictions don't stop moats.

Reply to
dennis

but, surely the drawbridge would fall foul of the regulations? ;)

KK

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

He's not a tory MP though, he would have to meet the cost himself...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"Matty F" wrote

Tagging? Method to improve organisation of images in database?

Reply to
TheScullster

"John" wrote

Our property has similar restrictions. When we moved in (2002) there were 20' high blue lawson conifers right round the boundary which overhung the highway footpath by upto 6'. Made it impassable in places. Many other properties also have hedges on the boundary although not as unruly as ours. We have since had all the conifers removed, and replaced some with fencing and some with more decorative hedging. Our deeds also exclude the erection of fencing and hedging on the boundary, but my understanding is that this would be a condition made by the builder to try to keep the area "all the same" during the development phase. The fact that our actions removed overgrown and obstructive fir trees and cleared the adjacent path we saw as a positive, as did all of our neighbours. In our area, planning permission is necessary to erect a fence within 2m of a boundary. This permission was obtained with the condition that the fence is set 500mm from the boundary and agreed planting scheme adopted between fence and public footpath.

I suspect that it would be possible for the erecton of the fence to be challenged based on the original stipulation in the deeds, but I believe that this would involve the complainant registering the issue with the original builder. As the place was built 30 years ago, he's probably hung up his trowel long since - IANAL!!!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Plenty of adults can hear 17kHz.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That was going through my mind as well, no "reward" no point in ringing the bell. "Reward" is in the eyes of the kids, answering the door is "reward" to them. It could also be "revenge" for telling 'em to get off your front garden, once, four weeks ago...

Talk to the school, they will almost certainly have a very good idea who it is, every school has it's known bad eggs. As others have said in uniform they are "ambassadors of the school" and most schools don't like their pupils behaing badly in uniform. Or is this one of those schools that don't have a unifrom and let the little beggers run riot to "express their individuality".

I'd also take a very detailed look at the the covenants. If it only excludes gates, walls and fences, plant a nice prickly hedge.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ideally arrange to have the pcso visiting at that time they call round. Seeing the policer inside as they knock on will scare the little darlings hopefully.

You can ask her there under the pretext of how to get them to stop.

Shame you can't get boiling oil activated droppers set off by the doorbell really.

Put camera going in window for 5 mins before and until they've done if you can't get the pcso to visit.

Reply to
mogga

Not if it ends up as part of the house wall.

Reply to
dennis

I wonder what would happen if the automatic garden sprinklers went off when the door bell was pressed?

The water could be pretty smelly if its from a water butt with a dead cat in it.

Reply to
dennis

Yes, I have a similar restrictive covenant in my deeds. AFAIK and IANAL it's up to the builder to enforce these covenants and if they decide not to, or if the original builder no longer exists (and no-one took over) then there's nothing except planning regulationsto prevent you from doing whatever you like. Provided yo can put up with the "tutting" from disapproving enighbours. Round my way, the covenants have falled into disuse and there's a motley collection of modifications going on ("tut" :-)

I was going to suggest anti-burglar (non drying) paint, with the required notices of course. But I've been told this can only be used above a certain height.

Reply to
pete