"MVA" in place of "PVA" ?

I saw a reference to using "mva" rather than "pva" as additive in render. Now, of course, I don't seem to be able to find the thread... Anyone tell me what the heck mva is ?

Cheers

blue

Mono Vinyl Alcohol?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "blue" saying something like:

Given the P in PVA is for Poly, I'd guess the M is for Mono, ie MonoVinylAcetate.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Are you sure it wasn't EVA, which is usually sold as waterproof PVA (even though it isn't PVA)?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I guess that may be it - "waterproof PVA" rings a bell.

Is it sold as EVA or do I have to look for a trade name?

Cheers to all

blue

Boy does he like saying the same thing

-- Cordless Crazy