PVA as a sealer

I am about to paint a wall (emulsion) that has a couple of grease stains on it, would PVA act as a sealer? The 2 spots of grease are about 4 cm in diameter.

Reply to
ss

It might work, but OTOH, if it's sufficiently greasy on the surface to prevent wetting and some moisture penetration, the PVA might not stick.

You might also find the emulsion won't stick to the PVA - some won't.

You can get stain sealer, which is probably a better bet. Undercoat gloss paint used to work very well for this too, but I haven't tried it since the volatile solvents were largely removed from them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel