shed roof plywood - PVA?

I have 18mm plywood for the shed roof. These will be covered with roofing felt. I have a tin of cuprinol garden wood preserver that could be used perhaps but it says on the tin, it will require weeks to fully dry if storing plants but I won't be doing with plants for some time. Or can I leave 1 coat for 24 hours and screw the timber down and put the felt on?

Or Would a couple of coats of PVA suffice for this situation?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

Depends on size of shed. If you need to glue the felt down, you cant use that preservative and roof it in 24 hrs. If the shed's small enough that no gluing is involved, presumably you can preserve then put the felt straight on.

PVA wont preserve anything, the least hint of water and it goes all gooey. I wouldnt use it outdoors.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If it's water proof ply it's not needed - use the cuprinol for some thing that needs it

Reply to
zaax

WBP (Water & Boil Proof) ply won't need any preservative treatment. Just fix the felt to it, banging clouts into it might be fun. PVA is not a suitable adhesive for sticking the felt down, you need a cold fix bitumastic type of goop.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice