Good Quality Sander. Any recommendations?

I am looking for a good quality Orbital Sander. I want a rectangular one that can get into corners. I also want one with a decent arrangement to hold sanding pads in place. I have four in my shed that are all U/S because the clip arrangements for the pads are piss poor. The pads start to vibrate off the sanders before the pad is worn out.

I notice some have Velcro type arrangements but I bet the pads are dear?

I also want to be able to trap the dust. Are the ones with a bag any good?

Any advice

Reply to
Merryterry

Metabo SR358 Makita BO 4900 Festool RS200EQ

The bags on these are reasonable at trapping some dust, but it is far better to use them with a vacuum cleaner attachment and to wear a dust mask anyway.

Some of the better sanders have Velcro bases as well as the clips.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Beware of velcro alone. If you change the paper regularly, e.g. going down the grits, then the hooks wear out eventually. I prefer the type that need a screwdriver to tension the paper, but they are scarce now.

Also the quality of the abrasive sheets affects the grip of the velcro. Some, and Bosch seem about the worst, have very loose pile on the back, and it loosens to the point of falling off well before the abrasive is worn out, especially if you use an abrasive cleaner block.

R.

Reply to
Richard Downing