Lidl jigsaw next Thurs, any good?

Hi

Here it is:

Is it as good as a Makita??? ;)

Seriously though, if anyone has one, I'd be interested to know how they find it.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

It's a complete waste of time to buy any jigsaw other than a professional one (minimum about £80) unless you just want something to hack out rough holes in things that won't be on show.

Take a look at the FAQ on jigsaws.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh, I don't believe this

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Hmmm! same orbital sander as Aldi only green and £10 more.

Reply to
George

In the bin no doubt.

Reply to
George

I looked at that last time it was on offer. It looks a substantial piece of kit. Well made and sturdy. I would say with a good sharp blade it would not wander.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Regardless of the item, never buy anything of any complexity from Lidl unless you like a hard fight to get it replaced/refunded if it fails. Aldi are exactly the opposite and refund without question.

Reply to
EricP

jiigsaws are the one tool where cheap stuff should be avoided. IME theyre so bad theyre almost useless.

If its for gen purp cutting and no curves, get a circular saw.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I've got a cheapie (20UKP B&D IIRC) and it's done sterling service over the last 10 years - cutting floorboards, shelves and such.

Reply to
Rob

You know the answer to that...

Looking at the picture it actually looks better than many of the basic ones, since it appears to have a cast base plate which is good, and it also has a pendulum action. I can't see from the picture if it has blade support rollers.

You can tell a lot the moment you switch it on by the amount of vibration.

Reply to
John Rumm

But the big thing until you get to use one, is the blade type, availability and expense.

If quality blades will fit in it buy one. You can't go wrong at the price.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Yes you can.

The blade is but one piece of the jigsaw (to borrow an expression).

The rest is the design and engineering of the mechanism. Doing that properly, is not a cheap exercise.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Fuck off.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

THAT jigsaw is very well made indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It's heartening to read of intellectual standards being maintained.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No it isn't. It isn't even possible to hold the thing properly, let alone use it properly. Look at the photograph

Reply to
Andy Hall

I fully agree. I totally agreed with him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt it is.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh well, in that case, go and buy one for your plumbing toolkit. You will be able to do far more damage far more quickly than with the hacksaw.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The safety trainers seem worth a look.

Reply to