CAD/Planning Software?

Hi,

This probably isn't the right group to ask this on but I couldn't find a more appropriate one.

I need two software packages to do two simple jobs, I do not want to pay for the software as I only have these two projects to do and after that no more.

Firstly I need a package where I can mess about with various options of changing the layout of my house from 2 bedroom to 3 bedroom. Basically I want to measure everything up and then be able to quickly and simply move objects (such as doors) around on the plan to see how various layouts work.

Secondly I need a seperate package to create an "artists impression" of a proposed cul-de-sac. I just need something that has standard houses in its files that I can drop in onto the land along with a few trees etc and have it render me up a nice 3D image in colour of how it will look.

I have some draughting experience but I've never used CAD before as I always used to draw by hand.

If anyone can point me towards any evaluation packages that could accomplish my two tasks I would be grateful.

Jay

Reply to
Jay

Hands down, Google Sketchup will handle both for free:

Adam Aglionby

wow that looks the business! thanks mate!

Reply to
Jay