Last nights Property Ladder

The guy was a complete wanker. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't sold it and has ended up living there. He hadn't a clue about making a profit, he just made the place what he would like.

And, he wasn't really and IT bod. He'd been a parastic IT salesman....

Reply to
BillR

The neighbour they interviewed looked the moaning type anyway. Look like Laurence big cuffs brother too.

I bet he was sat looking at the party wall agreement on his mantelpiece refusing to sign it just to be difficult and he got his reward for holding up the work. ;-)

The guy doing the program was still a nob though. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Yes I thought that! To that extent the twit upstairs had my sympathy. However, if he did move in and live there, they wouldnt spoil another pair of neighbours would they?

Some things never change

Reply to
mich

Bugger. My disguise has worn thru ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Some of them can no doubt be classified as parasitic without fear of the trades descriptions act.

However I have worked with and seen "real" IT salespeople in action. They are a marvel to watch as they guide the client towards spending all that money they didn't mean to spend ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

another -

amount

you're

Maybe they should have to take a fixed weekly salary from the money they get given too.............then the longer they take the less money they have. Also any money left over could count towards the profit

Angela

Reply to
Angela

Oh, I dunno. Chilled champagne of a decent vintage is best consumed in a steamy room, IMHO.... :-)

Richard

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

I worked with IT salesmen for many years and it was a joy to watch them :-) A couple of them had started their career selling hoovers to Glaswegian tenement residents, so were very hard sellers. I always asked them beforehand to tell me the lies first so I would not burst out laughing in front of the customers ... They could sell sand to arabs ... and indeed one went on to do just that...

Reply to
BillR

She does do alright for herself....

R W

Totally agree with the sentiment. Makes you wonder how he managed to stay employed in IT for so long.

Reply to
JS

The BCC were reporting the other week that there is a sand shortage in Saudi:

Stephen Gower

Hmmm. I don't care if she can't plumb, she can totter round my house and I'll teach her.

Reply to
Toby

Hmm, her Mum might not be pleased about the plumbing courses you offer..... ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Mark S wrote

This can't be right. If he was officially notified of the work as per the Party Wall etc. Act, a strict timetable was in place and the neighbour has to appoint a Party Wall Surveyor within a certain time. It is the Surveyor who agrees and signs the Award, not the neighbour, so it must have been the Surveyor who was holding things up. My guess is there was a lot more to this story than you heard on the programme - the need for trial holes suggests there might have been a structural problem with the party wall for instance.

If he had followed the rules properly instead of jumping the gun, he would probably not have had so many problems. That's the real point of the Act.

Wasn't the guy they interviewed the bloke downstairs who had all the water damage? I felt really sorry for him.

Agreed. I thought Leon the architect was a bit of a wally as well. You didn't get much info about the design stage and Planning & Building Regs approvals etc so presumably that all went smoothly, but surely he should have advised the bloke about Party Wall procedures? Then again, probably he was only instructed to do half the job.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Well come on !! Lets hear about it ...