Last nights Property Ladder

Page 2 of 2
Well I'm wildly jealous of Sarah Beeny who has a sexy body and can wire and plumb a house. When they showed her own house I thought the one madeover room had great style. A large bathroom with two baths head to foot in the middle
Though the director's addition of champagne I thought a bit impractical in a steamy room.
Anna

Oh, I dunno. Chilled champagne of a decent vintage is best consumed in a steamy room, IMHO.... :-)
Richard
-- Richard Sampson
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:39:32 +0000 (UTC), Mungo Henning wrote:

Saying she's done it doesn't mean she made a good job of it.
Chris J Dixon wrote:

Hmmm. I don't care if she can't plumb, she can totter round my house and I'll teach her.
--
Toby.

Hmm, her Mum might not be pleased about the plumbing courses you offer..... ;)
PoP
"Witchy" wrote | Tim Mitchell wrote: | >did he actually sell it in the end, and did he make any | >money on it? | No, and probably not. I don't think he deserves to either, the idiot. | Still, that wouldn't have made 'good telly' would it.
I wonder how answered a prospective purchaser's standard enquiry "have you had any dispute with your neighbours" ...
And was that another internal staircase without a handrail? (I mean right at the very end, not during the build where he had the staircase without any railing off of the floor opening)
Owain
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:33:47 +0000, John Laird

Bugger. My disguise has worn thru ;)
PoP

Dear me there has been some bitching on this thread.
I thought all you unemployed IT people doing up property would have felt a real sense of comradeship for another poor soul going through the mill! . . . . . . . . . . . No, hang on a minute, he was in IT sales. Does me good just thinking about it. He set totally unrealistic timescales and budget, and completely ignored legal requirements with the implementation plan. The he had to deliver :-))))))) It must be the first time in his life he has had to deliver on his unrealistic promises, instead of walking away with a fat commision and leaving the PBI with the problems. He ended up giving up his flat, selling his TVR, spending his savings, and facing the prospect of making between 500 and 35,000 for 15 months work. Can't run a TVR on that, mate :-))))
Blokes I feel sorry for were the Eastern European builders who were working all hours and sleeping in the van on a fixed price contract. Sort of bricks&mortar version of a software house, I guess.
Yep - hope he made a loss. Hangings to good for him, flog him first etc.
Bitter, moi?
Cheers Dave R
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:29:45 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
<snippage>

:o)) Not just me then!
I think its about time I stopped watching it I think - when stuff gets me annoyed on a weekly basis it's time to move on, much like when that Laura and Oliver twin are doing the changing rooms malarky and you just KNOW their stuff isn't going to be liked.
Half the time I reckon the producers watch what the people who's rooms are being done say what they don't like then make sure it gets done so it'll make 'good telly' -- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs

stay employed in IT for so long.
Tim Mitchell wrote:

The guy was a complete wanker. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't sold it and has ended up living there. He hadn't a clue about making a profit, he just made the place what he would like.
And, he wasn't really and IT bod. He'd been a parastic IT salesman....

Some of them can no doubt be classified as parasitic without fear of the trades descriptions act.
However I have worked with and seen "real" IT salespeople in action. They are a marvel to watch as they guide the client towards spending all that money they didn't mean to spend ;)
PoP
PoP wrote:

I worked with IT salesmen for many years and it was a joy to watch them :-) A couple of them had started their career selling hoovers to Glaswegian tenement residents, so were very hard sellers. I always asked them beforehand to tell me the lies first so I would not burst out laughing in front of the customers ... They could sell sand to arabs ... and indeed one went on to do just that...

The BCC were reporting the other week that there is a sand shortage in Saudi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3243623.stm
--
Selah

Well come on !! Lets hear about it ...<g>
Dave