Its that Alley Gating thing again

I got onto the council yesterday to complain about the flaw in their alley gate system,apparently you can get a screwdriver inbetween the frame and the loc and get passed the locking mechanism.

The lock area has a v shaped elongated cutout and needs a plate weld over this area. This morning I went down to have a look at what they were proposing to do,they said they have done it ie pop riveted a small plate over the area with only two rivets. doh! where do the council train their monkeys?

If I hadn't of been there they would have left it like that,I got him to weld it and you know what? he did with a couple of spot welds in the wrong area for strenghtening.

doh! where do the council train their monkeys?

Reply to
George

At least you've got alleygates. We'd love some. At least it'd give the yobs a different challenge.

Reply to
mogga

That's the problem with employing monkeys rather than alleygaters. If you complain, they'll only shed crocodile tears.

Reply to
Roger Mills