ironmongery World, WTF

If its not collected within mumble mumble then its a gift you can keep.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Drop ship.

Reply to
Adrian

We ordered a wedding gift of bathroom towels from one of those US Registries, and the newlyweds were puzzled when they opened 'our' present, to find a fluffy pink kangaroo. Same problem.

Reply to
Davey

You can keep it anyway, there is no time limit that you have to wait before unsolicited goods are yours unless you are a business.

Reply to
dennis

Goods sent by mistake, which appears to be the case here, are not unsolicited goods. The recipient does not have a duty to return them, but should advise the sender, who may elect to collect them.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I'm sure he'll be happy to get it back when he's a teenager.

Reply to
pastedavid

Reminds me of a guy talking on the radio a few weeks ago. His advice - very bad idea to go on to ebay when you come home pissed on a Friday night.

Got a couple ebay emails on Saturday, confirming his purchase of a Sinclair C5. He had no recollection of ordering it or even looking at it, but did remember going on to ebay the night before. His ebay account confirmed the purchase.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Nov 28 Nightjar

-show quotedtext -Goods sent by mistake, which appears to be the case here, are not unsolicited goods. The recipient does not have a duty to return them, but should advise the sender, who may elect to collect them.

On ebay especially I would get the goods I did order before admitting that I'd received other goods in error. That way I would hopefully avoid being blackmailed into paying return postage for someone else's f*ck up....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I think the eBay resolution centre is sufficiently on the buyer's side that that wouldn't be necessary ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Fine if you've nothing better to do...

Reply to
Jim K

Unsolicited goods and if you inform them it's there they don't collect it in what, six weeks, iirc, its' yours to keep. Nice catch. Now, how the hell to get on the unsolicited goods list of some worthwhile businesses.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Hi Tim, We are the company IronmongeryWorld(UK)Ltd.we sell on Amazon and Ebay please contact us on 01274610511. You can also send us Email on snipped-for-privacy@ironmongeryworld.com Regards Sales

Reply to
info

Hi Tim, We are the company IronmongeryWorld(UK)Ltd.We sell online ironmongery Products through Ebay And Amzon.Please contact us on 01274610511 also you can email us. Regards Sales

Reply to
info

Looks like they want that gate-latch back!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Or don't know the difference between email and usenet perhaps.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think after 6 months unsolicited goods become the property of the recipient.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, it references a (several months old) message here by Tim, where he thought an item had turned-up out of the blue, but it turned out he'd ordered a bogroll holder from them via ebay or amazon where they trade under a different name, anyway someone else got a bog roll holder and he got a gate latch.

Reply to
Andy Burns

But I doubt it counts as unsolicited if you've ordered "A" from them, and they've delivered "B".

Reply to
Andy Burns

I ordered 2 1.5m cables from a company online.

I got 1x1.5m cable and 1x1m cable. I complained.

Now they keep sending me 1m cables randomly. I offered to sen dthem back but they don't seem to care. I have about 4x1m cables now!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Oh yes yes. In the end I got two bog roll holders as well as the gate latch, but they included labels for return postage so I sent all the extra items back.

Reply to
Tim Streater