My new grill came today.

On topic since it is a natural gas grill and I will have to hook it up to a gas line on the lanai.

I ordered this in early January but it was out of stock and the model I wanted was being updated. It is now back in production and mine is sitting, waiting for assembly now. I'll be cooking an a couple of days.

If you are not familiar with the brand, Napoleon is to Canada what Weber is to the US. I had a Weber Summit for a few years at my old house and since I could have a gas line instead of tanks I upgraded to this. I'm looking forward to trying the sear station.

Ed Pawlowski

Too much grill for me. I like to cook on the grill but not the whole meal since grill is on the deck next to the kitchen. I also like the smoke and the flame as a lot of these grills appear like taking the kitchen outdoors. If the food tastes the same, why grill it outside?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Yes, it will. Uses chips or chunks for that, of course.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

With the $50 accessory smoker tray, most definitely!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I consider the switch from propane to natural gas one of the best decisions we ever made. The grill gets plenty hot, and I haven't touched a tank in years.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

When I first moved into this house 9 1/2 years ago, I bought a grill from Lowe's with a sear burner. The grill was total junk, but it had a sear burner which was really nice. Fortunately the grill totally fell apart in a few years and I replaced it with a Weber ... one of the best decisions I made. But I still miss the sear burner. BTW, both were propane hooked up to my 500 gallon tank as we have no natural gas here.

Reply to
Art Todesco

How's the "heat output" when the propane tank runs out?

But seriously, are you saying a 30K BTU propane grill has more "heat output" than a 30K BTU natural gas grill?

Reply to
Bubba

Not really. The OP stated "You WILL find the heat output of the natural gas unit 'doesn't hold a candle to' propane though - - -"

I believe that statement to be factually incorrect.

Reply to
John Jackson

I went from a propane BroilKing to a natural gas equivalent from the same company - and yes, the natural gas grill does not get as hot. I cannot explain why - but I have friends who have reported the same. That said - I'd NEVER go back to propane if natural gas was an option. I've burned fewer pork chops on the natural gas grille -- - - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

It was criminal what they wanted to install the gas line for mine, and they all wanted to do it with the crappy flexible stainless pipe.

I finally got hold of a plumber/gasfitter who was more or less willing to do it in iron pipe and I asked him what he'd charge if I supplied all the pipe and fittings, cut and threaded to fit.

His reply was "you don't need me - if you can do that, you can do the whole job. Just call this number and ask for an inspection when you are done" - so I did.

Cost me under $100 including the shutoffs and quick disconnect and all the pipe and fittings - compared to $400 - $600 that I had been quoted for the flex tube.

The inspector was impressed with my installation

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Actually closer to 2.5 times, but that doesn't change things that much - - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder