I'm back - but fleetingly

Someone on the group (I'm still open to personal mail!) has sent me comments.

Steve: Gud on ya. see ya next time ya are faced with a large bill from an expert(sic)!

It would be the first time! We've done it ourselves for half a century!

Dave Fawthrop: See you on uk.local.yorkshire.moderated?

No.

Dave Plowman: Yes, life is to short for a heavy Usenet existence, many of my active groups (and 'read only' groups) were deleted not so long ago, including this one - you'll be back, there is just something about this group, it's almost as if it's magnetic once discovered! It's really no different than reading a magazine or newspaper - apart from the right to reply> ;-)

I agree that this group is very special - but so is my life. I've found that I'm doing more since I gave ngs up and in fact am enjoying it. Don't read newspapers anyway J

Stuart @ SJW Electrical: I told you that ages ago. Cheerio then.

I should always listen to advice. Er - you're still there apparently .

ETV: But Mary, if you don't follow the group how on earth are you going to know what Aldi and Lidl are selling?

They send me their advance warnings J

John: So long then . Have fun! Drop in and say hi from time to time . Cheers,

I might ...

Nick: Good luck Mary, I enjoyed our exchange of messages on a couple of subjects earlier in the year. You have remarkable insight and a ready wit. Have fun. Is this an Autumn thing?

Flatterer! Nothing to do with autumn, I do tend to make impulsive decisions when I realise that I'm putting certain things above those which should be more important.

Red: Strange announcement to make. Part of a mid-life crisis? Like, what a bombshell.

Mid life??? LOL! Far too late for that J

NT: f2f is no better :) take care

f2f???

Colin: You too :-)

Thanks.

Geoffrey: Are you reading the "goodbyes"? (anyone want to lay odds?) And what is wrong with idle chatter! Life is not all work you know - sometimes there is time for just being plain rude... Resistance is futile.

I wasn't reading them, I was being very self disciplined. For once. Nothing wrong with idle chatter as long as more time is given to family. I can be rude outside ngs J

geoff: Translation - spouse has finally put his foot down

I wish he would, sometimes! He couldn't believe it. He can't believe that I've kept it up.

T i m: Yee'll be back I tells ee .. ;-) Have fun ..

You could be right .

geoff: Withdrawal symptoms will come after a brief period of euphoria

That's possible. I must admit that when I came on to post this I found the wax on the windscreen thread. It's wonderful. But some people are using far more than five words .

Hold me back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Come on out with it woman, what you really meant to say was you wished there was a condolences thread for Dr Dribble after his sad but freak drowning/electrocution/gas explosion incident involving a hacksaw, copper free brass and the invention of a kW / h water meter. :-)

Reply to
Matt

Matty boy emerges from nowhere and then hurls abuse constantly. Matt is not really Matt. Matty?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I missed that. But I do know that Spouse sweats aqua regia - if he wears a gold watch on his wrist it corrodes.

Not that I'm reading anything ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

the copper free part should also be oxygen free.

Reply to
Paul Herber

Yes Mary. This is what Matt/Mr Cranium/Lord Hall is on about.

You didn't miss much Mary. You didn't miss much.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

..Mary, Mary, stayed away ..she stayed away for just a day

..in the time she was away ..she had a ball and lots of play

..the prodigal daughter did return ..her presence here we did not spurn

..unfortunately she has to endure ..the senseless babble of Matt some more

..So, Mary, take no notice of this babbling fool ..just thank the Lord you are sane and cool

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I suspect being serenaded by Drivel will make sure she stays away for good this time :)

Reply to
Richard Conway

[snip for the sanity of readers]

There's nothing like good poetry. And Drivel's stuff is nothing like good poetry.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

..Mary, Mary, stayed away ..she stayed away for just a day

..in the time she was away ..she had a ball and lots of play

..the prodigal daughter did return ..her presence here we did not spurn

..unfortunately she has to endure ..the senseless babble of Matt some more

..So, Mary, take no notice of this babbling fool ..just thank the Lord you are sane and cool

and here is some..

....On the good ship Plowman they all did sail ....he was the skipper to no avail

....he sent the crew atop the mast ....until he spouted to them at last

....I'll keele haul ye, I will be jabers ....so cut the masts and make em into cabers

....because of cabers the ship did wreck ....I have my cabers said cap'n, so what the heck

... the breaking of law the police did pursue ....Cap'n Plowman was dragged into public view

....the judge did say in all his day ....a case so bad he did not sit ...."the mans a fool I will commit"

....the judge, he screamed, "an idiotic fool" ....the capn' now resides as uk.d-i-y newsgroup tool

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Dave, I can't help thinking that's a Dribble tag line!

Reply to
Matt

Lord Hall, Richard enjoys his senility.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

There's only one tool in this newsgroup

Reply to
Richard Conway

Good observation, 10/10, and the cap'n is it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

..which way, that way ..confused Mr Conway

..not knowing what is wrong or right ..or if outside is day or night

..confusion reigns inside his brain ..no logic, no reason it's all the same

Reply to
Doctor Drivel