I have a question :-)

would you pay 17GBP for door archiatrave if it was fancy ie victorian,edwardian,french provincial, basically a bit of upmarket class. The architrave would come in 2x7'&1x4' lenghts and you mitre the angle cut yourself to suit your own doorframe.

So thats 17GBP per door.

Thanks awfully. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

If it was original or with a believable patina and assuming we are talking both sides of the door then possibly. I'm about to put in original internal doors at 65 quid a pop, so it's about in line with that.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

It would have to be very fancy, or very high quality timber to be worth £1/foot.

I pay less than that for custom cut moulding at my local woodyard. having said that last time I was there was 2 years ago and I bought 120 feet !!!

So I guess if its a one off then maybe. If you have many doors then a local timber merchant with a moulding machine maybe cheaper.

hth

DeeBee

Reply to
DeeBee

However since you are knocking them up with your fancy new bits and I can do the same for the same price plus I get the bit, then errrr...... no.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

Oh its fancy ok, more to the point *unique*

You are joking? for a lumber yard to set up their equipment for a one off they'll charge you at least 2.50 per foot, I know I've looked into it. Paid a visit to three yards local to me.

No chance.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

One has to pay for these items somehow.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

There's plenty that would, but of course, the likes of B&Q will mark it up to £64.99

Reply to
Guy King

£28, in a local shed...not B&Q though.
Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Arc goes around both sides, making it 50p per foot

Try it now, take your credit card though as it must have trebled in price in the past few years, blame house doctor, sarah beeny and that fat bloke who did the gardening thing with charlie dimmock, everyone and his uncle now wants 'fancy' skirtings, arcs and mouldings.

Reply to
Phil L

Thanks Phillip,its just gone up in price. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Whole intention to supply it to these outlets. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby