Woodworm appearing after treatment

Hi,

About a year ago we had the loft treated for woodworm (yes, I know I should have done it myself). It was a reputable, recommended company who used a 'boron' product. We've recently noticed that there are some fresh signs ('frass') of woodworm in parts of the treated area.

The company have said that this is 'normal', as the lifetime of the larvae is up to 3 years. I gather there will be new frass until all the larva have gone after 3 years(-ish).

Is this correct? I plan to apply some additional treatment to the affected areas (though the company said this wasn't unnecssary).

Your views much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I believe so.

Reply to
Newshound

Same happened when I had my house treated. 2 years on there was no sign of them. So my advice is not to worry. The poison only absorbs into the top couple of mm or so of wood and the worms are killed as hatching larvae eat there way out though the poisoned layer.

Steve wrote:

Reply to
p.lavers

Thanks chaps.