Woodworm prevention costs

The house I have brought is 75 years old. The survey recommended that the floorboards and joists downstairs are professionally treated to guard against woodworm (there is no woodworm present - yet).

What sort of cost would I be looking at to have the floorboards and joints of the downstairs treated - one room is 12 yards by 4 yards, the second is 4 yards square and the hallway is 6 yards by 2 yards. (£100, £200, £500, £1000 ??).

Are there any on-line cost estimators for this sort of thing ? (I have not been able to find anything)

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
David Rose

Then there probably never will be. Unless wood gets damp, you are unlikely to get worm. Ignore the survey and, if it's a condition of granting a mortgage, tell them you'll go somewhere else.

Reply to
stuart noble

In article , stuart noble mortgage, tell them you'll go somewhere else.

Yes, take a look at Jeff Howell's "on the level" web site for the low down on wood treatment.

John

Reply to
John Rouse