Humax Foxsat HDR box

Does anyone know if I can run a 2nd TV in another room from a Humax Foxsat HDR box as I did from a basic SKY box?

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

There's only one HDMI and no component sockets. Assuming you want to use HDMI for two sets why not get an HDMI splitter box from the likes of CPC? Even with bog standard leads you can run quite a way with HDMI. I've use a 10m lead but you should be able to go up to 15m.

Reply to
Peter Scott

I've just tried that on my Foxsat HDR to feed my widescreen monitor. It doesn't work, presumably the HDCP stops it. The lead alone (10m) works fine. If I plug in only one lead into the splitter it works fine. I'm wondering if one (if so which one?) of the more expensive splitters would work, or is there a switch available?

Reply to
<me9

Not being funny, but are you sure you've got a splitter not a combiner? Its a very easy mistake to make.

Reply to
Peter Scott

My Humax box has an outlet the back labelled "LNB 1 Out" I have a coaxe cable running between rooms that used to feed the second TV via a SLX Link from the old Sky box. I was hoping that the coaxe cable could be re used to run a satellite feed from the LNB 1 Out connection to the old sky box in the other room. Sadly it doesn't seem to work that way despite the instructions saying that his connection "connects to another digital satellite receiver"

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

Certainly when the HDR is switched on LBN 1 Out just has the same signal (hi/lo and V/H) as tuner 1 is using. i.e. the HDR controls the LNB.

It may be that if the HDR is switched off or in standby mode the Sky box could control the LNB.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Marketed as a splitter to feed two screens. The other way it /has/ to be a switch or the two signals would interfere.

Reply to
<me9