Controlling Panasonic TV using Humax Remote

I have a Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR with appropriate remote. The remote can be programmed to also control basic functions such as On/Off and volume on a range of TV's, Hi-Fi units, DVD's, etc.

When I had a Samsung TV, I programmed the Humax controller to control those basics and it worked fine. I only needed one remote by my chair. But I have now changed my TV to a Panasonic TX-42MZ800B, and the Humax remote doesn't control it (hardly surprising as it was set up for the Samsung). But even though I go through the routines for reprogramming the remote for Panasonic TV's (15 possible codes given in my Humax manual, 006, 098, 061, 129, 038, 023, 063, 094, 187, 251, 294, 353,

359, 279, 306), none of them seem to work. Nor does the automatic search process seem to work, as described here
Can anyone suggest how else I can reprogram my Humax remote to work with the TV, as it used to? Bearing in mind the new TV is more modern than the old one, are there other codes that I can try over and above those listed above, or do I need a modern Humax remote?
Reply to
Chris Hogg

you forgot

0037,0548,0361,0650,0226,0163, 0367,0516,0853, 1310,,1480,1636, 1650,1410, 1510

select mode (pvr,tv,dvd,audio) keep button pressed for 3 secs until button stasys on. enter 4 digit code, button will blink after digit. after 4th digit button will blink twice. if a valid 4-digit code is entered device will power off. press OK and mode button will blink 3 times

Reply to
Andrew

Buy a One-for-All remote control. Tescos sell them.

Reply to
Davey

Thanks for the suggestions, but...

All the codes in my Humax manual are 3-digit codes; I have a scribbled note that if the little white label inside the battery compartment says 'MDB 1.3' use 3-digit codes; if the label says 'ADB 1.0' use 4-digit codes. My label says 'MDB 1.3'; I tried your numbers and the TV button blinked twice before I got all four digits entered, confirming that it used 3-digit codes.

But thanks again for trying.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Thanks. I'll try one.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

HDMI-CEC is a feature where the remote of your TV can control your STB, DVD, etc when connected via HDMI. Maybe your Panasonic remote can control your PVR when that input is selected on the TV?

Try it and see. It might need enabling in the TV and/or PVR settings.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Hmm...I'm exploring HDMI-CEC on the Panny - it looks as though they call it Viera Link, but I'm not getting very far! I'm not sure where to look on the Panny, and I'm not very clever when it comes to this sort of thing!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

A quick follow-up question: will the one remote control all four of my devices almost simultaneously (well, at the touch of a single button, anyway) like my Humax remote does, or is it one remote for each device?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Can't find anything about HDMI-CEC in the settings on the Panny. Even if it's there somewhere, I get the impression that both the Panny and the Humax have to have HDMI-CEC activated, and an appropriate cable between them. I'm not very hopeful, unless someone can give me specific instructions in words of one syllable.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

You can program activities:

I prefer the Logitech Harmony but it would have to be a used one as Logitech has stopped making them :-(

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

No it's not you, it's the terminology. Each manufacturer not only calls it something different but how the instructions are applied are also phrased differently. A terminology phrase interpretation dictionary would be a good idea - or of course, a standard.

Reply to
wasbit

Assuming my Logitech packs up before me I will probably go for One For All.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Don't bother. I've Googled for them and seen what I need.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

There was one point some time ago where I wanted to control something that the One-for-All did not talk to, and they offered to re-program it for me if I sent it to them.

Reply to
Davey

I think this would be controlling the Panny from the Humax, as it refers to Panny "Inputs" in the instructions.

******************************************************** With CEC function of your TV you can operate a connected device with the TV remote control. This function uses HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) to communicate with the connected devices. Devices must support HDMI CEC and must be connected with an HDMI connection. In order to make use of the CEC functionality the related option in the menu should be switched on. To check, switch on or off the CEC function, do the following:

Enter

Settings>Device Preferences>Inputs menu on the Home Screen

or

TV options>Settings>Device Preferences>Inputs menu in Live TV mode.

Scroll down to Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) section.

Check if the HDMI control option is switched on.

Highlight the HDMI control option and press OK to switch on or off.

Make sure that all CEC settings are properly set up on the connected CEC device. The CEC functionality has different names on different brands. CEC function might not work with all devices. If you connect a device with HDMI CEC support to your TV, the related HDMI input source will be renamed with the connected device’s name.

To operate the connected CEC device, select the related HDMI input source from the Inputs menu on the Home Screen.

Or press the Sources button if the TV is in Live TV mode and select the related HDMI input source from the list.

To terminate this operation and control the TV via the remote again, press the Source button, which will still be functional, on the remote and switch to another source.

The TV remote is automatically able to control the device once the connected HDMI source has been selected. However not all buttons will be forwarded to the device. Only devices that support CEC Remote Control function will respond to the TV remote control.

Paul

Reply to
Paul