How to reset phone line so that it doesn't withhold the phone number

My wife has a small business and whenever they call anyone it shows as "number withheld". I've looked through the (large) manual for the phone system and can't find anything in there about withholding number so suspect it's something in the exchange that needs to be turned on or off

- is there a magic code I can type in or do we need to speak to BT (or whoever it is) and get them to do it?

The phone system is a Panasonic KX-TA624, if it's relevant.

Reply to
NoSpam

You can tell the exchange to reveal your number by prefixing the number you dial with 1470.

If that works but normally the number is withheld, ask BT to remove the permanent CLI block.

If that doesn't work there's probably some other technical reason (PABX limitations etc).

Reply to
funkyoldcortina

In message , NoSpam writes

It's an exchange function. Ring BT - or whoever provides your telephone service.

Reply to
hugh

Prefix the called number with 1470 to force send CLI at the exchange.

You should be able to get BT to change its state.

Reply to
Martin Brown

If it has multiple exchange lines, BT default to withholding, because actually only one of the lines has your real number, the others have different numbers which would be presented. To get around this, you would need to have Presentation Numbers attached to the other lines, which is a service you have to pay for. At least, that's how it used to work.

You could try the 1470 trick, but you might find it's permanently withheld rather than just default withheld.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks! They do have multiple lines to the one number so I think you've answer my question. Now I know what to look for I've found the relevant BT page, charges are "From £8.49 per quarter / £60 connection charge"

Reply to
NoSpam