Phone Line

Old phone lines were messed up so I ran a new line to rear bedroom to new jack, works great. Then I hooked second line to same outdoor box and ran to another bedroom. Problem, no connection. Is my new jack bad? I've tried every combo and I'm at a loss. Any ideas, thanks.

Reply to
Don G

At your main telephone interface box, each pair of wires should be connected to the same two terminals, unless you have multiple phone lines coming in

Reply to
RBM

Thanks, I was wired properly, but, the brand new Ace Hardware, made in China, jack was defective. I went to Ace this morning and exchanged for another jack and all is just peachy.

Reply to
Don G

on 10/5/2007 6:53 AM RBM said the following:

Not true. Only one pair need be attached, but all jacks must use the same colored pair. The second pair can be used for a second phone line.

Reply to
willshak