Hotpoint Washer / Drier

My daughter called me to look at her machine as there was water on the floor. I ran it with the back off and all seemed fine until it got into the spin mode. Water was then dripping / trickling out of an area where the hot air duct attaches to the back of the tub.

I emptied the machine and thought it would be a good time (I didn't have all the right tools to tighten the duct) to take off the drain to pump elbow to see if I could retrieve a previously lost bra wire. It was then that I saw a sock in the drain elbow.

I am now wondering if the leak may have been due to abnormally high water levels during the spin cycle and water was being thrown where it shouldn't have been.

Any ideas.

Reply to
john

The leak was at the bottom of the hot air duct which is about 3/4 of the way down the plastic tub.

Reply to
john

Indeed it does do that, where was it leaking from the condenser the top or bottom ?

Reply to
powerstation

It is badged as WD22.

Reply to
john

In that case you will need to repair it , because this is below the normal wash level of water in the tub, it is sealed with a rubber O ring.

Peter

Reply to
powerstation

I wondered where that had gone :-)

Dave

Reply to
david lang

It's a blue one with Thomas the Tank Engine on it - is it yours? Please provide other sock as proof.

Reply to
john