Documentation required from CORGI fitting boiler

Given that the dreaded HIPs are just a few weeks away this is particularly pertinent I think...

Could anyone confirm what is the correct documentation etc which I will require legally and to fully satisfy any future purchasers of the property, when a new boiler is installed?

I've just had one fitted by a CORGI, he tells me that the next step is he writes to the local Building Control with all the details, and then the write to me with the appropriate bit of paper I need. Is that right? I haven't been in touch with Building Control at all myself about this although I do have an ongoing Building Notice on file with them concerning other aspects.

It's just that "Question: If I have a boiler fitted what documentation do I need from the installer?

Answer

1.Certificate of compliance. 2.The bench mark book is supplied by the manufacturer."

....which doesn't quite sound the same thing to me. The CORGI's coming back in about a week to complete his work (connecting up a gas hob once the worktops are in place) which he says will all be listed on his Building Control communication. I'd just like to be sure I have all my ducks in a row for when he returns!

The guy is not at all a jobsworth, and wasn't perturbed that the circuit for the boiler - in the kitchen! - was wired and connected to the CU by yours truly and has not yet been tested by anyone (and I then wired up the boiler and roomstat when he was there) - none of which is permissible under Part P presumably.... which makes life easier for me, for sure; but I want to be certain he's not cutting any corners with the paperwork which will come back to bite me later!

Thanks David

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

I'd have thought that the system would be much the same as fenestration. A year or two ago I had some new windows and a replacement porch fitted. A few weeks after the job was done I got the certification stuff directly from FENSA - no (apparent) involvement with the BCO.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

When I had a new boiler two years ago, the installer, phoned Corgi to report the installation and give my name and address. A week or so later I got a bit of paper from Corgi.

Reply to
djc

The Certificate of Compliance [with building regulations] will come from CORGI when the fitter has submitted the notification to them. It might be that the fitter is not setup for this and works directly with the local building control office. The latter is more likely to have delays and greater costs than the former, which cost 250p online and 450p by phone and the certificate is sent out by post directly.

The benchmark "log book" will be found as a page in the installation manual or maybe as a separate card. The manual should have been left with you that's the law.

Reply to
Ed Sirett