Combi boiler and fitting isolation valves

I have a Worcester Bosch 26/32 oil combi boiler. I need to fit isolatio

valves on the hot and cold supplies to the kitchen. My problem is how t do this. Is it simply a case of turning off the water at the main inlet stopcock and draining the hot and cold pipes, fit the valves, an then turn on mains again to refill the boiler? Thanks for any help

-- chopsaw

Reply to
chopsaw

In message , chopsaw writes

Yep, that's basically it.

Reply to
chris French

But you should not need to drain or refill the boiler's primary circuit that's just unnecessary extra work.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Can you please tell me how I avoid the boiler's primary circuit fro darining down when I run off the water from the kitchen taps befor cutting the pipes

-- chopsaw

Reply to
chopsaw

In message , chopsaw writes

If you not sure how to then you probably won't :-)

The primary circuit is the one that circulates the water around the heating system. This is separate from the mains fed direct hot water (though normally filled from the mains). So running off the water from the taps won't drain down the heating system.

Just do as you intended and you will be fine.

Reply to
chris French