Combi confirmation please!!

Hi

I'm about to swap out a broken washing machine service valve connected to a new combi boiler.

Here's my plan......

  1. Turn off mains water to Combi
  2. Turn on hot and cold water taps in the kitchen to drain down what' in the system
  3. Remove and refit valve
  4. Turn on main to boiler and refill with filling loop.

Are my plans OK....I have had plenty of experience with conventiona (non-sealed) CH/HW systems this is my first foray into the world op Combis

Grateful for your help as always

Ale

-- alexbartman

Reply to
alexbartman

-- pacer

Reply to
pacer

The filling loop is purely for the central heating side.

So you can ignore the combi and treat the hot water supply from it exactly the same as a mains pressure cold system.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Almost correct - except for step 4!

There's no need to use a filling-loop on the DHW side of the combi, the filling-loop is for filling the CH side! Just turn the water on again and run a hot water tap to get all the air out :)

Reply to
Paul King