Combi boiler filling loop problem

I've got a combi boiler (Saunier Duval Thelia 23). The pressure in the CH system is too low (about 1/2 bar, judging by the inaccurate gauge). In the past (i.e. last year) I've refilled it via the filling loop with no problems.

Now, however, I turn the filling valve and nothing happens. I can't hear it filling, and the pressure doesn't increase. If I disconnect the other end of the loop from the boiler and turn the valve, water comes out at (what looks like) decent pressure, so I think the filling valve (the one you turn) is okay. (This morning when I tried it, it *did* fill for about ten seconds before it stopped.)

What's the next thing to look at? Is it likely that the one-way valve at the other end of the fillin gloop is sticking, and if so what can I do about it? (Would I need to drain the system and replace the valve?)

Thanks for any advice!

Robin

Reply to
Robin Houston

Are you in one of the areas where your mains water pressure has been reduced (London, mainly)? Can you easily stop the water flow by pressing your thumb on the end of the outlet (in which case the mains pressure is probably too low to refill the system).

You could try refilling in the middle of the night when the water pressure tends to be highest as the demand is lowest.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes, I'm in London. (I didn't know that the mains pressure had been reduced. Interesting. When did it happen?)

No I can't, though I've just discovered that I can spray the entire kitchen by trying. :-)

Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Robin

Reply to
Robin Houston