Boiler - Documentation Requirements?

Hi,

What documentation do I need to ensure the new boiler I've had fitted is all legit and legal? I've been given a copy of an invoice from a Corgi guy (he didn't install it) who did a safey check and gave it the thumbs up. Is this enough?

Cheers,

bub.

Reply to
bub

Yes. Unless you are renting.

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Well you should really have received the installation and servicing instructions. The user manual if separate. The benchmark log book. And if you are really keen the boiler should have been notified through CORGI (or otherwise) to building control and you should get something to say so.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Yes, I did receive those.

No log book though - is this something that I should chase up?

Is this essential? As far as I'm aware this hasn't been done. Does this relate to the sellers pack?

Reply to
bub

You _might_ have a problem getting the manufacturers to fix it under warranty. OTOH you probably won't need it.

It remains to be sen just how 'essential' this will be. I doubt that even a small proportion of homes will have all the correct paper-trail when the 'sellers pack' stuff comes in.

Reply to
Ed Sirett