Boiler - PCB blows repeatedly

Hi all,

My old mum has a Baxi back boiler - the current model is about 3 years old. In that time the PCB has been replaced four times the last one has lasted four months! I'm worried that it might be one of those problems that could use up endless amounts of engineer time to diagnose, with repeated callouts and further PCB replacements to the point where it might be cheaper just to get a new boiler.

Any pointers on what might be the cause of this? On one of her early services for the boiler I've noticed that the guy wrote "programmer not switching boiler off - advise customer to get wiring checked". I'm not quite sure what he meant by this. Clearly the programmer IS switching off the boiler in the sense that the burners go off and it stops chucking out heat. Is there some other sense in which it should be getting switched off, and could this cause the PCB to fail?

Cheers!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Geoff will need the model number:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's a Baxi Bermuda.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Ta ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , Martin Pentreath writes

Not typically a total pile of s**te

send me one of the old pcbs if you have one, I'll see what has gone wrong

don't forget to enclose a covering letter so I know what to look for and who its from

Reply to
geoff