Worcestor Bosch programmer display blank after power cut

On Saturday Electricity Northwest turned our power off for the day to replace some poles and cable which some thieving gits stole while the power was off after the November 2009 floods.
Since the power came back on the LCD display on our boiler programmer has been blank although the LED lights work and it seems to be switching the heating on and off at the correct times.
The boiler is a Worcestor Bosch Oil Heatslave 20/25 with a twin channel programmer as shown here: www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/.../twin-channel- programmer-fitting-and-operating-instructions.pdf
Can this be fixed or do I need to get a new programmer? Replacement would seem to be a simple job as it appears to just plug in.
James

Perhaps.....
Fault No display or control unit does not respond
Cause Momentary power failure
Remedy Switch off appliance at master switch, wait a few seconds then switch on again
When the power comes on after a fault often it doesn't come on cleanly and it may have had a quick on/off/on/off/on cycle.
If the controller had a backup battery fitted perhaps the battery is also now failing, especially if it has been in the controller for a year or more or if the power was off for the 7 hour backup lifespan.
--
Alan
news2009 admac myzen co uk

Marvellous. Problem solved. Many thanks.
Hadn't considered this due to fault being caused by power going on and off. Battery must be OK as clock is still at correct time.
James.