DIY Idiot needs help insulating garage with zero hassle

I have a single brick souble garage with a corogated roof. The is asbestos in the roof and I hope to have it removed and changed next year.

In the meantime, I have to insulate the garage better as I use it as a store for household stuff. I just want to keep the temp up a bit and keep stuff dry. I can feel dampness on some of the boxes just now.

I am a DIY diddy and when I have the money I will get a joiner/builder to sort it properly; I need to something temporary in the meantime; ideally that does not require me to put in a timber frame.

I bought stuff called thermawrap from B&Q (I can take it back if you think thats wrong). Can I screw insulation straight on the wall just now? and if so what kind of screws do I want for the brick.

Could I then, next year, get a joiner to put in a frame with an air gap to plasterboard later?

Would I get any advantage in the meantime just putting the insulation on the walls direct and maybe some on the inside of the up and over garage door?

Will that thermawrap do the job; says it is equivalent to 650mm (I think) of polesterine?

Richard..

Reply to
fragtastic

you can do. But why not put the vertical battens on the wall first, and infill with the insulation. Then when you come to finish it all off, you dont need to redo anything.

Also if you just want something for bleep all cost, battens plus cardboard covering would give you significant insulation, long as you dont leave holes in the cardboard. PB sheet is usually 8x4 feet, so make the batten centres every 2' or 16".

So I'd get the battens up first, then insulation, then PB.

Of course insulation will only make a difference if you heat the place.

NT

Reply to
meow2222