Garage door binds when below zero

Our garage door is about 8 years old. Thursday night the garage opener started reversing when I tried to open it. It opened easy enough if I pulled up on it; but then it wouldn't close unless I pushed down on it. I could feel the point at which it was binding.

Today we has our first weather above zero, and it is working okay again.

Any idea what is going on here? If part of the track is out of allignment, how do I go about figuring out what and where? thanks

Reply to
Toller

It is really hard to say from here. First, disconnect it from the opener. Does it work ok then? Does it go up easy and stay up and does it go down easy and stay down? Could it need an adjustment to the suspension (spring) system? If so, be careful. Trying to adjust one when you don't know what you are doing can cause serious injury.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I'm guessing, but below-zero weather often lifts the front of the garage (this is experience speaking), and it may have lifted one corner more than the other. It depends on how the concrete was done, and whether you have water getting under things.

allignment,

Reply to
donald girod

When the weather warms up, go out to investigate. You will not find anything. Hint. Hint.

-B

allignment,