Chrome Basket 3.5" (90mm) Strainer

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for this sort of strainer/waste?

's for a Belfast Sink, the chrome plating has worn off ours and erindoors says it has to be changed, also the strainer on ours has worn out and needs replacing.

The construction is chromed heavy brass. I can find one UK supplier and one kitchen company that is being a bit cagey but thinks they might be able to sell me the strainer but not the waste. I can see cheap and nasty stamped stainless steel and plastic equivalents a plenty but those aren't acceptable replacements.

The one supplier I can find wants close to £50 for a replacement, which seems to be taking the piss.

Reply to
Steve Firth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) saying something like:

Get it re-chromed it if you can't find one and bung a cheapy in while it's away. Lobbed in a chroming basket with other stuff, the cost should be minimal.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I can't, the straining basket is bolloxed.