90mm Nailer

Looking at getting a Max 90mm 34 degree nailer, gas powered with battery. Not had one before so any points to beware of when buying?
NT
The crims use them for breaking iin to toughened glass apparently. Brian
--
----- --

I think these days I would look at some of the cordless ones that don't require gas - keeps the consumables price down and does not tie you to a particular supplier of nails etc.
--
Cheers,

John.
On Saturday, 11 August 2018 18:30:53 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

I've got it now. Much cheaper than the nice but heavy no-gas ones. With the amount of use it'll get it's not really worth going gasless at this time. I'm sure it will be one day.
Nails & gas it takes the same as the Paslode IM350, so lots of choice. Buyi ng the nails has been frustrating though, Screwfix out of stock on the ones I wanted. I need another supplier really, getting fed up of Screwfix not h aving stuff. And this is a bit outside of regular diy stuff.
NT

Paslode themselves are usually reliable stockists - although they do variable "trade" pricing which makes them expensive for non volume customers.
--
Cheers,

John.
"John Rumm" wrote in message wrote:

Be aware the the gas DOES 'go off' - I was sceptical but after a period of 'not firing' problems with my IM350 I went through my gas cans and chucked the old ones and it's been fines ever since.
Andrew
On Saturday, 11 August 2018 18:30:53 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

If you want to drive 90mm you'll need gas,
On Sunday, 12 August 2018 20:01:51 UTC+1, harry wrote:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-dcn692p2-gb-90mm-18v-5-0ah-li-ion-first-fix-brushless-cordless-framing-nailer/4477d
NT
On 12/08/2018 20:01, harry wrote:

Is that so harry?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
wZxZvFgyE
--
Cheers,

John.
On Saturday, 11 August 2018 00:25:54 UTC+1, tabby wrote:

Well it does the job & uses the cheap IM350 compatible nails & gas so I'm happy with that. Only moan is that getting a part used strip of nails out to change size is fiddly.
NT