90mm Nailer

Looking at getting a Max 90mm 34 degree nailer, gas powered with battery. Not had one before so any points to beware of when buying?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The crims use them for breaking iin to toughened glass apparently. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think these days I would look at some of the cordless ones that don't require gas - keeps the consumables price down and does not tie you to a particular supplier of nails etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've got it now. Much cheaper than the nice but heavy no-gas ones. With the amount of use it'll get it's not really worth going gasless at this time. I'm sure it will be one day.

Nails & gas it takes the same as the Paslode IM350, so lots of choice. Buyi ng the nails has been frustrating though, Screwfix out of stock on the ones I wanted. I need another supplier really, getting fed up of Screwfix not h aving stuff. And this is a bit outside of regular diy stuff.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Paslode themselves are usually reliable stockists - although they do variable "trade" pricing which makes them expensive for non volume customers.

Reply to
John Rumm

Be aware the the gas DOES 'go off' - I was sceptical but after a period of 'not firing' problems with my IM350 I went through my gas cans and chucked the old ones and it's been fines ever since.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

If you want to drive 90mm you'll need gas,

Reply to
harry

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Is that so harry?:

John Rumm

Well it does the job & uses the cheap IM350 compatible nails & gas so I'm happy with that. Only moan is that getting a part used strip of nails out to change size is fiddly.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr