fault finding procedure has unexpected end

I have two rear-view cameras on the motorhome. On a recent long journey the picture from the one that looks straight back started to flicker. The fault had been there for ages, but it hadn't been very bad. Now it was bad; very distracting. The fault was only present when the vehicle was moving. It looked very much like a poor connection somewhere. It got worse and worse. I knew it had to be either the camera switcher or the cable to the camera or the camera itself, because other cameras were unaffected.There was no opportunity to fault-find at the destination, and on the way home the fault was present. After about a hundred miles we stopped for a meal and once the vehicle was stationary the fault disappeared. I wanted to use the lavatory so I said to Hil, "While I'm at the back I'll bash a few panels to see if I can make that flicker appear, so you watch the monitor." The first thing I did at the back was open and then slam the lavatory door. Hil said, "Ohh yes! Real bad flicker!" I slammed the door again. Nothing. I bashed every wall and ceiling panel. Nothing. The fault did not reappear as we completed our journey. When we got off the motorway I drove over some really rough roads. No fault appeared. At home I tapped the camera housing and wiggled all accessible cable. Nothing. How frustrating. Obviously there's a big chance the fault will come back at an inconvenient time.
Bill
On 11/08/2018 01:57, Bill Wright wrote:

If you get pulled over you will probably be fined for having the screen on while driving.
On 11/08/2018 09:20, dennis@home wrote: <snip>

That seems to me inlikely unless they have changed the statute which explciitly allowed use of cameras and screens "to assist the driver to see the road adjacent to the vehicle".
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1986/1078/regulation/109/made
--
Robin
Robin was thinking very hard :

Suggest checking out a modern bus. They have screens displaying external cameras and internal cameras, intended for the driver's use.
Hang on though a lot of cars seem to have screens these days. Brian
--
----- --
It happens that Brian Gaff formulated :

That is correct, mine too. The regulations prevent the screens being visible to the driver, if the screen has TV, or video being played on them. My TV /video is disabled as soon as the handbrake is released. It also serves as a reverse camera display, radio, satnav screen and car diagnostics display.
On 11/08/2018 09:20, dennis@home wrote:

Could you quote the relevant legislation? I think it would come as a surprise to the drivers of the millions of vehicles with such devices.
Bill

He can’t. It doesn’t exist. He’s misinterpreting the rules against watching entertainment videos.
Tried to be clever. Failed.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On 11/08/2018 15:23, Tim+ wrote:

From construction and use regs..
"Television sets 109.—(1) No person shall drive, or cause or permit to be driven, a motor vehicle on a road, if the driver is in such a position as to be able to see, whether directly or by reflection, a television receiving apparatus or other cinematographic apparatus used to display anything other than information— (a) about the state of the vehicle or its equipment; (b) about the location of the vehicle and the road on which it is located; (c) to assist the driver to see the road adjacent to the vehicle; or (d) to assist the driver to reach his destination."
Tim failed again!
C: may cover you but it does say adjacent to vehicle and not as a rear view.

You can’t even admit when your wrong, can you? Do you really thing that motorhome manufacturers have been fitting illegal rear view cameras and owners have been risking prosecution all these years?
This might help you.
adjacent /ə-jāˈsənt/ adjective Lying near or next (to)
Now the definition does not include any sense of direction. It can mean in any direction, including behind.
Keep it up though, as a smart arse you’re half succeeding (and it ain’t the first half).
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

dennis@home expressed precisely :

You are failing to understand plain English sentences. Do read it again ad more carefully.

Which is what reversing cameras do, stupid.

Nope, you did, as always.

Corse it does.

Which is what a reversing camera does, stupid.

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.
You sure it isnt brain cancer that you have ?
On 11/08/2018 17:17, dennis@home wrote:

'anything other than'

Bill
Corrosion on a plug/socket contact. You get this on USBs as well. It can be cleaned by squirt, but seldom lasts. Naff connectors. Brian
--
----- --
I would, assuming its possible to get at them, try every connector in the circuit for naff crimping or poor contacts. I hate cheap connectors which are crimped myself. Had nothing but trouble with the things on all sorts of gear, net cables particularly.