Basket strainer/plug for sink

Despite searching for ages I can't find anyone in the UK who sells, ON ITS OWN, the stainless steel basket strainer plugs for kitchen sinks. Here's a picture of one:

(the plug is on the left)

problem is that one only comes with the receptacle that attaches to the sink, yet I only want the plug.

Any ideas on a suitable online retailer please?

Thanks

Reply to
jamma-plusser

I've got one of them that I picked up somewhere but I don't know if they come in different sizes .I could post it to you if it's of any use .I'll size it and get back to you .

Reply to
fictitiousemail

Thanks. Please post the size here.

Cheers

Reply to
jamma-plusser

Across the centre on top it's 80mm .If you turn it over and measure the foot of the tapered part at the outside of the holes it's 75mm across .The pin that projects underneath measures about 55mm from the top edge . I'll try and post a link to a pic later but it looks exactly like the Partridge one . Maybe it's from the same Family ( That's a joke for David Cassidy fans) :-)

Reply to
fictitiousemail

Thanks, seems to be the same size as mine. :-)

Would appreciate a pic, thanks (and not of David Cassidy either, thanks ayhow ;-) )

Reply to
jamma-plusser

I saw plastic bags each containing 2 of these in the plumbing section of my local B&Q (Havant) a few months ago. I nearly bought a pair.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Oh......delays taking picture and putting it on photobucket for OP..

I guess those things be fitted retrospectively to a sink . I'd need to check what size of hole there is in miy sink ...I think it says

3.5"
Reply to
fictitiousemail

Been there only to discover that every maker has there own slightly different but similar design.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

My 'local' B&Q is many miles away, so if you could still post pics of your plug/basket please that'll be great. :-)

Reply to
jamma-plusser

Here ya go

fictitiousemail

What's your email address please so I can give you my details? :-)

Many thanks

Reply to
jamma-plusser

It's snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com remove NOSPAM of course.