Building Regulations Certificate

In message , DerbyBorn writes

A wise move. But I wouldn't worry too much about it until much further down the track, you have had an offer accepted and you start the serious business.

Reply to
bert

In message , DerbyBorn writes

Same here.

Reply to
bert

I don't think you *have* to. The council may quite like you to, but what# happens if you don't, and just go ahead?

If it /was/ permitted development, the council can't do anything about it.

Looking at the Council website, they say: "we are not able to respond to telephone calls, emails or letters enquiring as to whether or not your proposals are within permitted development rights. If you wish to obtain a formal determination, you will need to submit an application for a Lawful Development Certificate."

Note that they say "If you wish". There is no compulsion.

Reply to
Martin Bonner