OT; Kid in a sweet shop!

Just picked up the maintenance work in The Royal Engineers Museum at Gillingham!

There I was, painting a display case, the display behind me included the revolver & sword carried by Lt John Chard at Rourkes Drift and next to me was the map Wellington used at Waterloo.

And I'm getting paid to be there!

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Life's a bitch ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Better than the job you had to do in the brothel some years ago?

Reply to
ARW

Do people ask you awkward questions about history and stuff?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Not today, it was closed to the public, but I'm going back later this week.

I'm a bit of a history buff, so I could prolly answer a lot of the questions.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well this time don't start telling uncomplimentary stories about the place on here. You did that about a customer once before. Apart from being highly unprofessional it's a surefire way to lose the contract.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

ARW scribbled

Was he paid a month in hand ?

Reply to
Jonno

Especially when the customer has been named and the post is googleable.

At least you never name Mr Grumpy, Mrs Senile, Lord Inbred or Noncey Nige when you talk about visiting the granny farms and holiday camps you visit.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I am amazed, I thought that all that sort of work was done by people on jankers!

Reply to
Broadback

No, it's against their uman rites.

Bill