Building Regulations Consultation

Stunell MP writes? The Building Regulations: Taking the next step towards zero carbon homes By Andrew Stunell MP | Published 2nd February 2012 - 10:53 am

The upgrading of the building regulations happens once every three years. I signed off the most recent upgrade in October 2010, which required a 25% increase in energy efficiency standards for new build homes. We?re now consulting on the changes for the next upgrade, most of which are due to come into force in 2013.

george [dicegeorge]

Not a fan of this "consequential improvement" stuff at all. Forced to have cavity wall insulation or equivalent if you change your windows, and forced to fund it via a Government backed loan (as it reads to me)? What a complete nonsense and an affront to civil liberties over one's property.

If you want to force people into such improvements, it should not be consequential to having another beneficial piece of work done. But it should not be forced, in any case; instead incentives are better.

Neil

Agreed - Even worse if you have no heating because your boiler cannot be repaired - and the job of replacing the boiler brings with it other consequential work triggered by this "distress purchase". All of which may happen at the time one can least cope with it.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

All part of the government finding new ways to relieve you of your money.

NT

Reply to
NT

Not a fan of this "consequential improvement" stuff at all. Forced to have cavity wall insulation or equivalent if you change your windows, and forced to fund it via a Government backed loan (as it reads to me)?

I don't think that you're "forced to fund", it means that your only obliged to do it if it could be funded that way.

So you won't have to do it if:

The returns aren't sufficient to cove the (asumed) loan.

or

you aren't eligible for the loan, which (without checking) probably includes improvements by LL investors

tim

Reply to
tim....