Atika Sovereign 1800 shredder blades

I have a friend with an old Atika Sovereign 1800 shredder blades (Focus Do it all special) which I need new blades for, but i can't find them any where. I don't have easy access to the shredder so cant measure the blades. Does any one happen to know if blades from a more modern shredder will work ?

Thanks

Reply to
Sea Drummer

I guess you'll find out if you take an old blade with you.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Why not ask Atika themselves?

mike

Mark

As i said i don't have easy access to the device, so cant just take a blade out. I was hoping someone had a look up table some where

Reply to
Sea Drummer

Tried not much luck so far, was hoping someone would know if these devices used a common blade and could name a generic blade

Reply to
Sea Drummer

They look same as the blades in my shredder (different make, but I can't remember what it is). I was given it because it was crap, according to the owner. I opened it, found the blades were reversible and had never been reversed, so I just removed and reinserted the other way around, and the shredder was fantastic. They do go blunt quite quickly, so I just put them in a vice and resharpen with a file. This might not last as long as the originals, if the edge was originally hardened.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel