jointer blades

I have inherited a Craftman jointer, Model 103.23340

It is about 50 or 60 years old and besides a little surface rust is in really good shape. I need to find a place to get blades and the spacer that goes with the blades. It has 2 of the blades in it but is missing one and the spacer that helps lock it in. The blades are a little over 4 inches, i don't remeber the exact measurement and i am at work now so i can't go look.

I found one website with 4 inch blades but they were unable to actually get them. Does anyone know where i can order some. Thanks.

Reply to
jd

You said it all. I am fairly certain that Sears will have them to order. If not Ebay. Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

You might try sears parts for the wedge, as for the knives I have had good luck with

Jody

Be really careful with Sears knives. I ordered a set for my 6" Craftsman. They were enough out of tolerance that they came out and tried to kill me. Test with scrap (with the guard on) before you do anything. I ultimately got a set of Freud knives. Then I gave the whole shebang to my next door neighbor with manuals and caveats. Oh and Sears will fight tooth and nail to protect their interests. If you want to look at the saga, a google to the rec on jo4hn (sender) and jointer (subject) might yield more info than you wanted. luck, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Actually, the old Craftsman products were very good. My grandfather used Craftsman tools 40 odd years ago and did spectacular cabinetry work. Some of the modern material does leave a lot to wish for though.

JD

Reply to
JD

unless they are really strange knives you can get them made up at any decent sharpening service.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

My friend,

You might try

haven't used them myself yet, but I found this place when I started looking for another set of blades for my 6 inch jointer. They seem to be about half the cost of what Sears wants for a set.

Zap

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
zap