Bloody hell it's hot

I think you'll find that the road traffic acts apply to land where the public has access. Which most likely includes these places.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

In message , "dennis@home" writes

"Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike"

The way you presented it really doesn't read that way. You specifically say that you couldn't on a bike, but infer that you could using some other form of transport

Reply to
geoff

I don't think so

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I think you will find the public is actively discouraged as well as having a big fence to keep them out.

Reply to
dennis

Neither do I. The British GP would be interesting with a 70 mph limit on it.

Reply to
dennis

You will have to explain where I infer anything about another vehicle.

As it happens there are speed limits that apply everywhere in the UK.. you are not allowed to travel supersonic in mainland airspace. If you know someone that flys and cycles at supersonic speeds then you may name them so they can be corrected.

Reply to
dennis

Dennis. Henceforth known in these parts as 'Teflon Dennis'. Nothing f*cking sticks.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dennis, please show some imagination. Think up your own one liners FFS.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"The Road Traffic Act 1991 amended sections 1 to 3 of the Road Traffic Act

1988 and enables prosecutions to be brought for causing death by dangerous driving, dangerous driving, careless and inconsiderate driving of a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place off the highway. A public place might include moorlands, common land or Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) and has been held by the courts to mean an area to which the public at large have access or that the public have express or implied permission to access from the Land Owner."

Now watch Teflon Dennis slip out of that one...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

whooosh, again!!!!! TMH needs subtitles.

Reply to
dennis

I all ready have but you were too stupid to notice.

Anyway you are reading the wrong google hits.. try this one..

s.34 refers to a motor vehicle, the definition of a motor vehicle for the purpose of the RTA being 'intended or adapted for use on a road'. A motorbike designed for off-road purposes would certainly not meet this criteria.

Since you have no idea what type of cycle I have you are just clutching at straws that aren't there.

I also think you are really stupid in that you think that inventing scenarios where my statement "that I know of no cyclist that can break a non existent speed limit" is wrong, as being clever. It isn't and the fact you think it is is just an indication of your problems. Take my advice and STFU and you will sound far more intelligent. I can also go back to ignoring your tripe.

Reply to
dennis

:)

His understanding of language and logic are superb. Reminds me of a sub-tribe inhabiting the HoP. Oh no! Is that what he is practising for? ;)

Reply to
Clot