It's too bloody hot for tiling....

OK - don't even think about tiling today!

I've done a couple of hundread 100mm tiles on the kitchen walls - and it's nearly killed me - I'm soaked thru!

If you were thinking about it - don't bother :)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

May I suggest for your HSS checklist for next time:

1) Tile cutter; 2) Bloody big air conditioner.

8=)

I am also mad - having just hired a Rug Doctor, I will now clean my carpets.

Heart attack, heart attack, heart attack Oh yeah!

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim S

And I've just forgone the core bit approach and laborously knocked out a

120mm diam hole through 2 leafs of bloody hard brick for a flue.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

You'd be no good working in Saudi then. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Actually I'd probably be fine. Was in Qatar a few weeks back - and I had forgotten that they start work at 4am in the trades over there - and rather bizarrely - ix ice in with the concrete mix to slow down the setting process...

At 4am I could tile happily - but sod lunchtime out there!

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Bought one...

Errrm - yes - would be nice :)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Put my final tile on this afternoon - and soon learnt the trick of using ice-cold water in the tile-cement, my first batch went off in 10 minutes, not the stated 20 mins.

Reply to
Ragworm The Abominable

"At 4am I could tile happily",right so what was wrong with doing the tiling at that time this morning? ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Ahh that ones easy - only been aslep for about 2 hours and had far too much Aussie red last night...:)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

I didn't. I sat under a big sunshade on the deck drinking ice cold 1664. Then again, it is my birthday :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Happy birthday Dave ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

That IS mad!

Get rid of the carpets.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well done!

Any excuse for a party :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wish I could - alas, two words: "rented accommodation".

Technically, I'm sure the landlord would agree to me fitting vinyl, but I don't have the inclination as it's not my house.

Anyway - they are clean and shiney now :)

I'll go and butcher the garden next.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

So put the vinyl down now and put the carpet back on top of the vinyl if and when to leave?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Which bit of "I don't have the inclination" did you miss?

;-|

Basically, I don't do major jobs to a house I don't own, especially if it costs me money. I can put up with cleaning the carpets once a year (small kids). If it were *my* house, the carpet would have been long gone.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S