Drip battens with upvc fascias?

If I replace (not cover) the fascias around a felted flat roof with upvc, do I need drip battens as with wooden fascias. I'm figuring that if the purpose of the battens is to protect the fascia from water, it wouldn't matter with upvc...

There are no gutters.

Reply to
faddy

If there is no gutter on that side you should have an upstand to prevent water runoff.

Sorry to slightly hijack the thread, but... I need to replace the facias on my flat roof,but the roof itself is fine. Did you redo the whole lot or cutback the felt, torch-on in my case, replace the facia and make good ?

Reply to
Alec

Thanks Alec.

The illustration for contructing an upstand at

shows welted drip fixed to a batten. It's the necessity for that batten I'm questioning.

Reply to
faddy

I don't see the point either..........

Reply to
Alec

Having a drip batten will make it easier to replace the felt roof at some point in the future without damaging the upvc facia.

Regards

Steve.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe